The tools and interventions here are for use by any practitioner or volunteer working with children, young people and families and many can be used as soon as concerns emerge.
- Child Exploitation Screening Tool
- Safeguarding Children at Risk of Exploitation Partnership Response – updated March 2020
Complex Case Panel
EHA and supporting documents
When a child or family is identified as benefiting from early help, a whole family, multi-agency Early Help Assessment (EHA) should be completed by the practitioner identifying the concern, using these forms:
- Oxfordshire Early Help Assessment (EHA) Form 2019
- Oxfordshire Early Help Assessment 2019 Prompt Sheet
- Oxfordshire Guide to Front Door and Early Help April 2019
- EHA Good conversation Quick Guide
If you need multiple copies of the child’s view or professional’s view sections, these are available to download:
- Oxfordshire Early Help Assessment 2019 – Childs View
- Oxfordshire Early Help Assessment 2019 Parents View
- Oxfordshire Early Help Assessment 2019 Professionals View
There are also take-away guides about Early Help and the Locality & Community Service available. You can get copies from your Locality & Community Service link worker, or download them below. These are should be given to families alongside their EHA assessment
- Oxfordshires Early Help Guide for children and young people – leaflet
- Oxfordshires Early Help Guide for families – leaflet
- Locality Community Support Service for Families – leaflet
EHA Voice of the Child
Capturing the child’s voice is crucial to an effective EHA. Tools to support this are provided below.
- EHA Young Persons Form All About Me Oxfordshire Friendly visual form to fill in with a child or young person
- EHA Young Persons Form Question Cards Oxfordshire These question cards help make sure nothing is missed when filling in the form
- EHA Young Persons Form wishes and feelings Oxfordshire To be completed with each young person or child after an EHA
- EHA 3 houses Discussion Tool Oxfordshire Blank 3 Houses discussion tool for use in a conversation with a child
- EHA 3 houses Discussion Tool Guide Oxfordshire Guide to using 3 houses tool
- EHA Fairy and Wizard Blank fairy and wizard discussion tools for use in a conversation with a child
- EHA Fairy & Wizard Discussion Tool Guide Oxfordshire Guide to using the Fairy & Wizard discussion tools.
Team around the Family
Where Team around the Family meeting and closures occur, then these forms should be used:
- Oxfordshire Team Around The Family Form 2019
- Oxfordshire Team Around The Family Closure and Evaluation Form
- TAF Meeting Suggested Agenda Oxfordshire
- TAF Meeting Suggested Script Oxfordshire
- TAF Young Persons Form why worry be happy Oxfordshire Form to fill in before a TAF with a young person or child
- Oxfordshire Team Around The Family 7 min guide quick print out guide
Multi-Agency Chronology (MAC)
- Single and Multi-Agency Chronology Practice Guidance (fictional family)
- Oxfordshire multi-agency chronology template
- Example of a filled in Oxfordshire multi-agency chronology template (fictional family)
- 7 minute guide MAC
Link to neglect home page for further tools and guidance on neglect
Oxfordshire County Council: Practitioner Toolkit
The Practitioner Toolkit contains information and tools for issues arising in work with children, young people and families.
This page contains resources on concerns which might arise while helping a child or family, organised by topics, linked to searches for local organisations which can support work around that topic. Links to national services, helplines and information resources are also included.
All resources on this page are free to use by anyone who has a concern about a child or family.
Risk Assessment and Management
- Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and Management Plan (MARAMP)
- Guidance on completing the multi-agency risk assessment and management plan
Safeguarding Self-Assessment (for board member agencies only)
- Oxfordshire Safeguarding Self-Assessment 2019 – online
- Oxfordshire Safeguarding Self-Assessment 2018 – template
Schools should visit the Schools Safeguarding webpages for the audit form and guidance specific to schools
Early Years settings should complete the Safeguarding Self-Assessment for Childcare Settings which can also be accessed on the Early Years Toolkit under key documents
Threshold of Needs
Oxfordshire Threshold of Needs 2019, guidance document to identify strengths, needs and risks for the whole family and suggest next steps.