Board structure and sub-groups
Co-ordination of services and relevant agencies
The Board is supported by a Business Group comprising the Independent Chair, strategic leads and subgroup chairs.
The purpose of the sub-groups is outlined below:
- Performance, Audit and Quality Assurance – to review safeguarding data and intelligence to test the effectiveness of services including early help and complete multi-agency and single agency audits and the annual self-assessment by all agencies.
- Case Review and Governance – to undertake rapid reviews of serious incident notifications, oversee and supervise all child safeguarding practice reviews and identify themes, actions and learning from serious incidents (see section 2 for detailed arrangements).
- Training – to commission, monitor and oversee the delivery of training and to provide an annual conference and learning summaries and events from key themes that are identified locally and nationally on behalf of the OSCB and the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board.
- Child Exploitation – to ensure a co-ordinated multi-agency approach is in place for all child exploitation concerns and emerging issues.
- Safeguarding in Education – to ensure staff in pre-schools, schools, colleges and other education providers are aware of key safeguarding issues and are also able to escalate their concerns to the Board and Executive Group and influence the strategic development of services.
- Procedures – to ensure all practitioners and managers across the children’s workforce have up-to-date guidance and procedures on all key safeguarding issues via the OSCB website.
- Local Child Death Review Panel /Joint Thematic Group with Buckinghamshire – to ensure local oversight of all child deaths in the area and ensure that lessons are learnt and action taken as appropriate to the circumstances and any themes are identified and addressed (see section 3 for detailed arrangements).
- Disabled Children – to ensure the safeguarding needs of disabled children are addressed and high quality services are delivered to this group.
- Health Advisory Group – to bring together health partners and alert the Board and Executive Group to key safeguarding gaps and concerns from the health sector.