Early Help Training
LCSS deliver Early Help training to ensure partners have a clear understanding of what Early Help means and their part to play.
There is now an E Learning for all agencies who support children, families and adults who are parents/carers. The E learning explains what Early Help is and why it is important. Once completed practitioners should attend the Early Help Skills session.
The Early Help Skills session is designed for all professionals, including voluntary/charity sectors, to learn about what Early Help is, why it is so important and how to use the Early help tools in Oxfordshire. The skills session supports attendees to develop confidence in using Early Help tools and to have conversations that can make a real difference earlier in the lives of children.
To book onto Early Help E-Learning and Early Help Skills session training go to: OSCB training
If you can’t find suitable training dates and are looking for a whole team to be trained, please contact LCSS team managers to discuss, we are happy to offer bespoke training where appropriate.
What practitioners have said about the Early Help Skills Session:
- The process feels less complex and formal than I was expecting
- Don’t wait-offer this support sooner
- Having more confidence in the early help way of working
- Trying to remove the stigma of accessing help – parents can feel so isolated
- Less formal than ‘forms’ and based on the conversation
- This strengths & needs can be done in stages at the pace of the family, not all in 1 go, to better suit the family
- Great to have tools to walk along with families and help curious conversations
- This has been really useful. As a Designated Safeguarding Lead and family support coordinator of a charity, it’s given me more of an idea how I can identify families that may need early help and how to approach these conversations
- Don’t avoid tricky conversation- it’s a supportive process
- I had limited understanding of how Early Help worked within Safeguarding, it was a word that was bandied about. This training has provided the complete framework. More positive about use now.