Trauma Awareness course – in collaboration with Thames Valley Violence Reduction Unit and Barnado’s
Overview of course:
Around one in four young people will experience Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs). These experiences will leave many with lasting trauma than can negatively impact their health and wellbeing, as well as hindering their social and emotional development.
Thames Valley Violence Reduction Unit and Barnardo’s have collaborated on this training with the aim of delivering high quality, engaging and impactful trauma awareness training that will empower professionals to make lasting change to how their organisation/practice supports young people experiencing the impact of trauma.
- To help delegates understand how they can embed a ‘whole service’ approach to trauma-informed practice in their own settings/organisations.
- To improve outcomes and quality of life for young people affected by trauma as well as for those that work with them.
- To help professionals understand how young people’s behaviour is a communication of need and often not an entirely conscious choice, and to spread this understanding to all partners/agencies working with young people.
View our introductory video here for more info: https://vimeo.com/809052431
Dates available – all face to face courses:
- 19.05.23 – 09:30 – 13:00 @ Unipart Conference Centre, Oxford
- 22.06.23 – 09:30 – 13:00 @ Didcot Civic Hall
- 30.06.23 – 09:30 – 13:00 @ Unipart Conference Centre, Oxford
- 12.07.23 – 09:30 – 13:00 @ Holt Hotel, Steeple Aston, Bicester
Please book courses via the Events List