SAFE! Conference “Interrupted Childhood: Exploring Young Experiences of Domestic Abuse”
Tickets are now on sale for SAFE!’s Conference “Interrupted Childhood: Exploring Young Experiences of Domestic Abuse”, which takes place on Monday 17 June from 9.30am to 4pm at Oxford Town Hall.
This one day conference will bring together multi-agency professionals to consider the impact of domestic abuse on children and young people, and explore practical responses and evidenced based approaches.
We are excited to confirm the following speakers and workshop leaders:
- Luke Hart – co-author of Operation Lighthouse, talking about his experience of growing up around coercive control and emotional abuse, and life after the tragic murder of his mum and sister by his father.
- Rachel Condry – Associate Professor of Criminology at the University of Oxford, presents findings from the first large-scale UK study of adolescent to parent violence.
- Sarah Learmouth – Independent Researcher, launching SAFE!’s Thames Valley wide consultation on Peer on Peer Abuse
- Nicola Bowes – Senior Lecturer in Forensic Psychology at Cardiff Met University, presenting on a pan-European ‘Lights4Violence’ Project which focuses on promoting adolescents’ capabilities to improve their intimate relationships with peers and reduce dating violence
- Dr Carmen Chan – Clinical Psychologist, Oxfordshire CAMHS – Promoting a Trauma Informed Approach to working with children who have witnessed DV
- Alice Brown & Ruth Donaldson – SAFE! BRF Programme – Exploring the challenges of Child to Parent Violence, learning from the Building Respectful Families Programme
- Kathryn Rowsell & Janice Nicholls – SAFE! – Parenting after abuse – supporting parents to support their children
Delegate fee of £65 (plus booking fee) includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
To secure your place please follow the link through Eventbrite. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/interrupted-childhood-exploring-young-experiences-of-domestic-abuse-tickets-60805276218
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.