OSCB Annual Conference: Understanding My World – open for booking now
This year’s OSCB annual conference focuses on hearing children’s voices to better understand their lived experience.
Date & Time: Thursday 12 March 2020 (09:30 – 16:00)
Venue: The Kings Centre, Osney Mead, Oxford, OX2 0ES
The conference will hear from young people from CiCC, VOXY, SVEN and Children Heard and Seen. Local and national speakers will cover the following topics:
- themes and learning from local reviews
- the importance of the language you use when working with young people
- the use of technology to give children and young people a voice
- barriers and enablers for children telling you their story and you hearing them
- good practice in involving children and young people in service design and delivery
The keynote speaker for the event is poet, author and broadcaster Lemn Sissay.
NB By booking onto this conference you commit to stay for the full programme. Please do not book a place if you are unable to arrive on time and stay until the end. Late arrival and/or early departure will be counted as non-attendance and a £50 charge applied. This is out of respect for the practitioners and young people speaking at the event.
Please refer to the booking terms and conditions for further information.
Please be advised there is no parking at the venue. The venue is easily accessed by public transport, please see here. If you require parking for access, please contact Carole.Kinnell@Oxfordshire.gov.uk
Refreshments and a light lunch will be provided. Registration from 08:45.
To book a place please go to the training page of the OSCB website: https://training.oscb.org.uk/