Looking for a new challenge in 2021?
Then why don’t you become a member of the OSCB Training Pool ….
The Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board deliver training to approximately 5000 practitioners a year and the majority of this training programme is delivered by a pool of volunteer trainers from a variety of agencies. The Training Pool was highly commended in the NSPCC/BASPCAN Trainer of the Year Award 2018 (coming 4th from over 100 nominations)!
We are currently looking for additional trainers to join us, so if you are interested in this area of work and would like to expand your own personal and professional development, we ask you to contact the OSCB Training Co-Ordinator for a discussion about what we can offer in return. Some of the perks of the role are:
- opportunities to network with multi-agency practitioners as well as opportunities to attend a variety of development sessions over the year
- having support from the OSCB training team
- being involved in the development of training materials as well as having access to those materials to deliver sessions to your own organisation
- priority booking on OSCB Conferences and Learning Events, to name just a few!
We would ask that you:
- Are up to date with your ‘Designated Safeguarding Lead’ training
- Attend an OSCB ‘Train the Trainer’ experience
- Observe a course being delivered by experienced trainers
- Co-train 3 courses with a more experienced trainer in the first year
- Attend one half day trainer development morning per year
- AND most importantly of all, have a passion for safeguarding children which you would like to pass onto others!
We are currently translating our ‘Train the Trainer’ course into a virtual delivery model and this will comprise of an eLearning course to be completed as part one of the process, followed up with an interactive webinar, led by the OSCB training co-ordinator and an experienced member of the training pool. This will be available during the spring term.
If you are interested and would like more details please email Gay Suggitt (Training Co-Ordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register your interest.
We look forward to hearing from you!