Reporting Concerns


To report a new concern

To report a concern of abuse or neglect please contact:

Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0345 0507666.

Or you can email an enquiry form to MASH on:


Please see the OSCB procedure for escalation and whistleblowing in Oxfordshire.


To talk about an on-going concern

If you want to speak to someone about an already open case contact the relevant Children’s Social Care Team.

  • Oxford City – 01865 328563
  • North Oxfordshire (including Banbury, Witney and Bicester): 01865 323039
  • South Oxfordshire (including Faringdon, Wantage, Thame, Didcot and Henley): 01865 323041
  • Emergency Duty Team: 0800 833 408

John Radcliffe Hospital Assessment Team: 01865 221236 (for antenatal safeguarding concerns and issues concerning children in the hospital).


If you are unsure whether to make a referral

You can contact your Locality Senior Social Worker and request a ‘no names’ consultation (meaning you don’t give the child’s name). You will either be referred directly to a Social Worker or will be called back by one when they are available. You can then discuss the situation with them and they will advise you on what to do next. If a referral needs to be made they will advise you of this.

  • Oxford City: 01865 328563
  • North Oxfordshire (including Banbury, Witney, Bicester, Carterton and Woodstock): 01865 323039
  • South Oxfordshire (including Faringdon, Wantage, Thame, Didcot and Henley): 01865 323041


To report concerns about child sexual exploitation

If a child or young person has made a disclosure regarding sexual exploitation, or if you think a child may be at risk of being sexually exploited please contact the Kingfisher Team on: 01865 309196.  Out of hours calls to this number will be diverted to the Thames Valley Police Referral Centre.


To report concerns about child radicalisation

If you are concerned about a child or young person being radicalised please follow the guidance in this document below:

Oxfordshire Prevent Referral and Contacts Oct 2015

This could be in regards to a far right movement such as the English Defense League (EDL), animal rights activists such as the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) or in regards to religious extremism such as the Islamic State (IS).


To report concerns about a professional or person in a position of trust

Please contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) to report an allegation or concern on: 01865 810603 or email:


To notify the local authority of a private fostering arrangement

Please contact the Private Fostering Social Worker on: 01865 323188.
A private fostering arrangement is one that is made without the involvement of the local authority for the care of a child under the age of 16 (under 18 if disabled) by someone other than a parent or close relative for 28 days or more in the carer’s own home.
For more information on this see the Parents and Carers page.


To find out more about what to do

Please click on the link below for the OSCB multi-agency procedures. This includes topics such as:

  • Private fostering
  • child sexual exploitation
  • female genital mutilation
  • disabled children
  • forced marriage
  • children missing education
  • preventing extremism.

Click here to visit the Procedures page