Information from Substance Misuse Services in Oxfordshire
Oxfordshire County Council Public Health team commissions drug and alcohol services across the county for both adults, young people and children and young people affected by others’ substance misuse.
Aquarius provide support for 11-19 year olds who use substances and also those who are affected by familial substance misuse. Follow this link for further information and contact details.
Turning Point offer support with drug and/or alcohol misuse for adults in Oxfordshire. For further information and contact details services see here
The Family Workbook
Developed by the drug and alcohol team, the Family Workbook supports parents to talk with their child about their drug or alcohol problem, helps them understand the situation, and work through their feelings and includes practical planning tools.
- The Family Workbook – helping families to talk about drug and alcohol problems – 16 Page workbook
- The Family Workbook – helping families to talk about drug and alcohol problems one-page pull out guide
Please note, the contact details in the booklets are no longer in use, please use the links above for current contact details.
Below are links to short films commissioned by the Public Health team showing the actual effects and dangers of drink and drugs:
These are aimed at children, young people and young adults.
Useful Links and Publications on Substance Misuse
- Young Addaction: Young People and Substance Misuse
- NSPCC: Drugs and Alcohol – Lots of parents are concerned about underage drinking, drug taking and challenging behaviour. Find out how you can keep your child safe and aware of the risks
- NSPCC: Parental Substance Misuse Learning
- Adfam Resources: Free library of key documents for people working in family support