Early Help – Locality and Community Support Service
The Locality and Community Support Service (LCSS) has been created as part of Oxfordshire County Council’s, Children’s Services Integration Programme to support partner agencies across Oxfordshire. It is a practitioner facing service (including community/voluntary sector).
- Partner’s Guide to the Oxfordshire Locality Community Support Service (LCSS)
- Early Help Strategy and Work-plan 2019
NB For Early Help Assessment forms and supporting documents, Team around the Family, chronologies, etc. see Multi-Agency Toolkit
|LCSS North||Tel: 0345 2412703|
|LCSS Central||Tel: 0345 2412705|
|LCSS South||Tel: 0345 2412608|
Opening Hours: 8.30 – 5pm (Mon – Thurs) 8.30am – 4pm (Fri)
|LCSS North||Samuelson House, Tramway Rd, Banbury OX16 5AU||LCSS.North@oxfordshire.gov.uk|
|LCSS Central||Knights Court, Between Towns Road, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 3LX||LCSS.Central@oxfordshire.gov.uk|
Abbey House, Abbey Close, Abingdon, Oxon, OX14 3JD
Find your LCSS Link Worker
Schools, nurseries, surgeries and voluntary groups all have a named LCSS Link Worker assigned to them. They provide a point of contact for discussions, concerns, information and guidance. They work with other groups and organisations in your local area. They can alert you to concerns and help you find local support.
You can find your organisation by checking the lists below. If your organisation is not yet included, contact your area office to be assigned a link worker.
When to contact LCSS
You should contact the Locality Community Support Service if you:
- Have emerging concerns for a child that do not require an immediate safeguarding response
- Need support or guidance with an Early Help Assessment or TAF
- Wish to complete a No Names Consultation
- Discuss their concerns with the family
- Gain advice from LCSS ideally with family’s knowledge
- If you wish to discuss a concern without a family’s consent you can gain advice via a No Names Consultation only
- Refer to the Threshold of Needs Matrix before calling
If LCSS are supporting you with a family and immediate safeguarding concerns arise, you must still call the MASH immediately on 0345 050 7666
Community Around the School Offer (CASO)
These documents set out the Community Around the School Offer to educational settings within Oxfordshire.
The LCSS, School Health Nurses, CAMHS and additional partner agencies are working closely together to avoid duplication and to ensure schools know who to contact and when. This offer pulls together the resources already available to your schools within the local community, with LCSS leading on the co-ordination of any Community around your Schools meeting as and when required.
- Oxfordshire Community Around the School Offer Central
- Oxfordshire Community Around the School Offer North
- Oxfordshire Community Around the School Offer South