Home » Children & Young People » Who can I talk to?

Who can I talk to?

No matter what the problem is, you can get help. Use the helplines to talk to advisers. Contact the local social worker if you want to report a specific issue about yourself or another young person. Go to the CEOP website to report online abuse.

Helpline numbers

A free confidential helpline for children and young people in the UK. You can call them on 0800 1111 to talk about any problem. They have counsellors who are always there to help you sort it out.

Runs a wide range of services across the UK for both children and adults, including national helplines and local projects. Help for children & young people is available via ChildLine – 0800 1111.

Or speak to a local social worker:

  • Oxford City – 01865 328563
  • North Oxfordshire (including Banbury, Witney, Bicester, Carterton and Woodstock) – 01865 323039
  • South Oxfordshire (including Faringdon, Wantage, Thame, Didcot and Henley) – 01865 323041
  • Emergency Duty Team – 0800 833 408


Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre – Thinkuknow Website for children, young people and their families

Visit Think U Know to find the latest information on the sites you like to visit, mobiles and new technology. Find out what’s good, what’s not and what you can do about it. If you look after young people there’s an area for you too – with resources you can use in the classroom, at home or just to get with it. Most importantly, there’s also a place which anyone can use to report if they feel uncomfortable or worried about someone they are chatting to online.

The website is divided down into areas for all ages. Click on the bubble below that is relevant to you:

(clicking on a button will open new windows which take you away from the OSCB Website and are therefore not managed by the OSCB)